Monday, July 22, 2013

What I wore on Sunday | not sure where this is going...but hey


Shoes: Brown Converse Winter High Tops (4 years old...just had to put that out there)
Duck Egg Blue Skirt: Made by me with Jersey knit
Peach Top: Old Khaki
Yellow Jersey: Meltz

So this is a link up to the girls at Fine Linen & Purple that I quietly watched from my laptop, now desktop, and was again intrigued.
I'm not that stylish and have no time to pluck my eyebrows and during winter I live in either my Ugg boots or the ones in the capture. See, I believe in comfort and practicality; like if there is lost child or wandering dog in the street, I don't have to kick off my heels!

So while I was making creme brulee, on Saturday night for our lunch with Jacques' family for Sunday, my sister texted me and said that her water broke!!!!
YAY awesome!!!
Because she's in Oz and I'm here in South Africa I couldn't speed over there and help with the kids or make her tea, so I decided to make a skirt.
Because I get fidgety like that.

I used this video :

Tglashen, has awesome tutorials and they are super quick and easy, she also has really awesome bible verses and Christian music that she puts onto her tutorials.

So off we went to the evening mass on Sunday, with Jacques brother and fiancé, Daphné in tow.
They are non Catholic but are so eager to come to church.

I really enjoyed the Mary and Martha gospel reading and so want to find a balance between the two.

Love & Light
Nicky

2 comments:

  1. That skirt looks so comfortable, and I love the colors in your outfit!
    I definitely need to find a balance b/w Martha and Mary also. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Lisa,
      Skirt was really comfortable, thanks.
      Mary & Martha, sigh, it will happen for us.
      L&L

      Delete