Friday, July 6, 2012

Me & My Nonsense.


I am not sure if i have really introduced myself.
Or if you know me or have somewhat of an idea me.
So I’d like to introduce myself.
My Name, Nicola Rothmann, my maiden surname is Daniel.
I am South African Indian, my family was probably brought here, 
from India by ship about four to five generations ago.
I have an older sister & an older brother.
Love my Mummy & my Dada.
I do not speak my mother tongue, in fact I have no idea what it is.
I speak English, Afrikaans, Zulu & Kid.
I married the most wonderful, amazing, awesomest man for me, at 21.
Studied theology.
I’m in a mixed race family.
Lived in Thailand, wanted to change the world.
Returned to ZA, had Joshua Levi.
The most happiest curly haired boy I ever knew!
Worked in Advertising, climbed up the corporate ladder.
At 26 had Elijah Daniel, the most bubbliest child ever.
Had a reality check.
Hated leaving my Boys sleeping & returning to them sleeping.
Gave up the money to be at home.
Gave up the car to play.
Gave up take out for home cooking.
Gave up shoes to run barefoot.
Gave up the hairdryer to have curly hair...all the time!
Ah it was bliss!
(it still is)
Moved to South Korea.
Had a blast!
Came back to ZA.
I like being a naturalist,
I wish it was easier.
So far my journey towards it is fun. 
I love being a Mummy, but sometimes I scream & shout.
(even though I know I shouldn’t be)
I would love to sew my families clothes,
but goodness its difficult.
I love the earth.
I love that it was created.
Recycling is hard, but worth it.
My favorite colors are all the colors, its just so hard to choose.
I do love Oranges & Reds & Duck Egg Blue.
(but i always choose basic colors so it has longevity)
I love growing my own things.
Organic is awesome.
I love God & I love His heart, His word, His creation.
Its sometimes difficult for me to chat to Him.
Apple cider vinegar stinks; my hair & skin love it!
I try to make the most & best of everyday with my family.
I make mistakes & say things I don’t mean.
Jesus forgives me.
I love tea & have a weird relationship with it.
I love looking good for my husband&; I also love chips& chocolate.
Yoga, eating well, walking, playing, keeping busy.
I also love reading& biking, here in ZA I don't have a bike.
I love my Dogs, I have 5.
All these things have their struggles, 
I’d hate it if came about like I have got this thing together.
I fall apart.
I get lazy.
I get tired.
I get angry.
I loose my patience.
I loose my togetherness.
I wear my emotion on my face.
I say what I want at times & loose all control.
I sometimes manage my money like a donkey.
I buy frozen chips.
I hate being in photos.
I think I am creative.
I can be painfully pedantic.
I love to jump on the trampoline.
Trekking through a bush & getting my hands full of dirt
is joyful.
I hardly have time to write.
But I wish I did.
I love my family & do most things for them.
This is me & my nonsense.
Whats yours?
L&L
>i<

Hope you enjoy a peek into my days gone.
(I look forward to sharing new ones)

Boys in SoKo (South Korea)

Silly Faces make us Smile

Always in Trees


Crazy. Beautiful. Happy boys.

Brother - Etienne

Brother - Lloyd

Me & Him

Jacques, Dad R & Et

Ouma(Grandma) and Great Grand Kids

Farming at the church


Us

Josh & Lijie


Best friends


My Boys

Us

Luke. Mom R, Hannah & Joshua - 2006

Mummy & Bethany - 2006

Dada

My brother Joash & Joshua - 2006

My Sister, Natasha & Morgen - 2006

Joshy & Me

Jacques & Josh - 2007

Fallon, Michelle - my sister & Fallon's babe

My beautiful colorful family

More Color

Josh- 2years old



Elijah and Norman - 2007


4 comments:

  1. Nice to meet you :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. omigoodness! How did I miss this one?? So great! Love the way you write - and shed light on who you and your handsome family of boys are... LOVE it!
    Sorry for the delay to comment!
    xo
    Mel 'o)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Mel...
      (by the way, have been watching copious amounts of sewing tutorials hopefully I make something already!!!)
      Love & Light

      Delete