Friday, June 22, 2012

Homeschool: How I've lost control

I'm not sure why I homeschool.
Maybe I'm selfish and want my kids with me ALL the time.
Maybe I want all the credit for what they know.
Really I'm not sure.
I'm not fully aware of what goes on in the classrooms to use that as an excuse.

I do know that I have always wanted to homeschool.
Have fun with the boys, I know Elijah thinks its boring,
but he's 4 and therefore does not know what boring means.

We do have fun, we sometimes do the work pages assigned for the day.
Sometimes ALL we do is rush in the academics for a WHOLE week in one day,
just so we can play and build lego for the other 4 days.
Or
We HAVE to squeeze a weeks worth of work in one day,
because we have been babysitting, driving around with Dad, bike riding,
or gone bundu bashing in our veld, volunteered at the Baby Shelter, gone grocery shopping...

So next term I'm going to try and do it the proper way...
will figure what that is and when I do, I will post!

For now, we are squeezing the last 3 pages of term 2 today...
that is if the kids arrive home early from a sleep over at their cousins.

School Room 
School Room


Lijie: Math & Number Recognition

Joshy: Math

Straw Painting

Norman

Rosebud: Our Rescue from South Korea
Love & Light
>i<.

No comments:

Post a Comment