Tuesday, November 3, 2015

SQT | Blogging and La Vida Loca

I've been rethinking blogging and all the reasons why I haven't written in like a year.
I have often thought about deleting it because, honestly, there are so many better blogs out there.
Also, so many more fun bloggers.
Oh and those really sweet down to earth ones.
What about the ones that know what they're talking about.
SO  M A N Y

I want to start all over again.
This time I want to share me and the way I am.
Why?
Catholic Mommy Bloggers have such a wonderful community that I hope to encourage other moms in South Africa the same way and with eyes facing the heavens, hope to find encouragement close to home and that is coffee date worthy.

1. Happy Indie People?!?!?

Well its the name for my very small clothing label that I work on in between a few other things.
I really don't have time to manage one social media platform, so I thought I would try and do all in one cute little place. (Cute is for the future. watch this space.)




2. A Lady
I like to laugh and do things right. I also like wine and talking. I am an introvert who is sometimes painful. I frown when I listen, it's not because I'm mad. I like to be healthy (and stay clear of doctors rooms)  so I  t r y to eat healthy (plus I'm an adult with Acne prone skin). I like camping. Scratch that, I LOVE camping!!!



3. A Wife
I really love my husband; we studied Theology together, married young, contracepted, traveled, had 2 kids, stopped contracepting, converted to catholicism and are now living our ever after. (And waiting for more babies.)

Me and him


4. A Mom
I used to be a working mom, then we made some adjustments and some sacrifices and now I stay at home and drink tea...
Hahahahaaaa
I wish.
Basically I wash dishes and clean the toilet and Unschool the Boys.
We also chat all day long and sometimes we don't say a word for...5mins. Sometimes.
I haven't really showered or brushed my teeth without interruptions for the past 10 years.
Also
I simply cannot live  a n y  other way.

My Boys Joshua and Elijah


5. Christian and Catholic
I love Jesus and I love to worship Him. AND my life would be so UNBEARABLE if I didn't have God the Father, Son and Holy Spirit.
Why did I specifically say 'and Catholic'?
Well because I believe in Transubstantiation, The Communion of Saints. I believe we are meant to be Prolife and The Catholic Church is one of the few Churches that teaches the Ban on Contraception as Doctrine.  As a mother, I ask for the Prayers of Mary almost  e v e r y  millisecond, I wasn't allowed to do that as a Baptist, in fact I don't remember much of Mary as a Baptist, only during Christmas.
I teach my Boys an "old earth" creation. In fact I tell them that it's a  m y s t e r y  and that word is so Catholic! Ok this list could go on!



6. Simple and Frugal

As a family we try to be simple and approachable so that we can have more time and space for corporal and spiritual works of mercy kinda stuff. Its not easy because I think people who choose this way of life are sometimes lonely and I think its hard for people to imagine life without a TV.

7. Makers
I  l o v e  handmaking stuff!
EEEEEEK!!!
I love handmade stuff!
Even if its not the best looking thing, I just do.
Sometimes its hardwork but it is worth it.
Sometimes I just chuck my stuff ups in the bin and sometimes I pull them out and unpick the stitches and TRY again.
As unschoolers we try to encourage our kids to make things all the time.
So lucky you if you get a gift from us!
Sometimes they roll their eyes and sometimes they end up with
the coolest stuff on the block.






So this is me in Seven Quick Takes, I may be more, hey, I may be less.
I may even add on to my MEness.


Love and Light!




6 comments:

  1. Thanks for linking up, Nicky! I love the picture of you and your husband, you two are adorable!!! I think it's awesome you married young; my husband and I married young, too! (we were both 20) I love handmaking stuff, too!!!! In fact, most of the time that I need a present for somebody, it winds us being something I crocheted or knitted (though lately, I've also been trying to support more local businesses and buy things that other people handmade) :)

    I hope that you have a blessed, glorious day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nice to meet you AnneMarie!
      Handmade and local are the best!
      Such beauty in knowing where it came from.
      I hope your days are lovely.

      Delete
    2. Thank you, Nicky! Same to you!

      Delete
  2. Renee Martin-MarangeDecember 4, 2015 at 5:10 PM

    Nicky what an amazing down to earth blog you have keep posting girl!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
    2. Hey Sweets!!! I can't believe it!!! Love your Blogpost, I want to see more!
      Thank you!

      Delete