Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Natural Lip Balm: Bee Sting

It was a warm winters day & as my boys climbed a tree and made mud pies,I decided to sit with my Earl Grey & read some...you know...Blogs.

Then I wanted to make something.

So I searched...Orange Layer Cake. (Nah)Jersey Knit Skirts. (Nah)How to get rid of Love Handles. (Maybe in the morning)

Then...Home made natural Lip Balm...click

My go to place for homemade beauty products.
Renee's recipe is so easy and YUM, that I made 2 batches,handed out 3 jars, sold 3 & kept 1.I changed it a little, as the lady in the health store, 
practically chucked me out the store when I asked for Lanolin. 
She said, in a her very strict German accent, 
"you can find that at the supermarket!" 
According to the Aunty, Lanolin is not absorbed by the skin 
but sits on the skin not allowing the goodness of the other products in. 
(I'm not sure if this is true, let me know what you think.)
So I listened to her, (because I was scared) & substituted Lanolin with coconut oil.


I dubbed this Lip Balm, Bee Sting, Jacques thinks it too negative.
Its just the mix of the sweet honey, & tingle of the spearmint just reminds me of a bee sting. 

Ingredients

  • 3 tsp grated or roughly chopped beeswax
  • 7.5 tsp coconut oil
  • 3/4 tsp vitamin E
  • 2 tsp creamed honey
  • 3/4 tsp spearmint essential oil
Directions

1. In a small pot over medium low heat melt beeswax, coconut oil, & vitamin E. Use a whisk to ensure all the ingredients have dissolved.
2. Remove from heat & add honey & spearmint oil. Whisk well and try to distribute oil & honey throughout the mixture.
3. As you pour into the jars, stir the mixture to ensure an even distribution of the ingredients.
4. Let it cool on the counter till hard.


*this recipe makes 7 jars of 30 ml each if doubled.


(Please excuse the awful photo, I have terrible light in my kitchen and I am not so much a fan of my flash)
Yummy Lip Balm


Love & Light
Nicky

No comments:

Post a Comment