Tuesday, July 30, 2013

Life | The Mommyness of Me

Linking up with Mel for Monday Mamlogues...errrr yes its Tuesday, but why not.

Every now and then I wonder what my life would be without Jacques, Josh and Lijie???

The bathroom would be mine.
There would be no toys to step on.
I would never need to dust toy shelves.
Books would always be on the shelf.

Uhhh...no.

I love that when I'm in the bathroom, there are doodles all over the mirror, little stick people playing around my shower doors. Or the random questions that get asked when my toothbrush is doing its rounds in my mouth. (The toothbrush gives you time to think about your answer!)

Toys are exciting and never what they are.
And the narration that goes with them....SO CUTE!!!
And if you do step on them, then it just becomes a part of the game.

If I never had to dust toy shelves I would never find birthday cards, little love notes to each other, a picture of myself when I was 12.

Books around the house are a reminder that we are learning together as a family.
It makes my heart skip a beat when my children love Nesbit, Lewis and Macdonald.
And I get all dreamy when Jacques starts reading our last book in the Wheel Of Time Series.

So yes.
A sad and boring life it would be.
No need for God, or wet wipes, or a desire to grow.
The sink would be empty and so would my heart.
I always think, "ahh but I could have joined a convent."
But I only know this spirituality because of my family,
my Boys,
my Mommyness.






Go on and see how Mel's Mommyness is growing.

Love and Light

2 comments:

  1. awww.. love the mommyness of you! I think I'd call myself a mommyMess here.. hehee. Sweet thoughts shared - thanks for linking up too.
    xx
    mel
    needle and nest

    ReplyDelete