Monday, July 29, 2013

7 Posts in 7 Days | Day 7 on day 8 | On wedding ceremonies

Hi again for today.
So on Saturday I left in a hurry as we were on our way to a wedding.
Jacques' school friend Stephen's wedding; they had lost contact with each other for a few years and then was reunited via facebook. After a few months chatting with each other, Stephen asked Jacques to be the MC at his wedding. SOOOOO not his thing, but, because this is the year that we feel God wants us to work above and beyond ourselves and in His strength, he decided to say yes.

In true Jacques style, he spent weeks researching, and we both agreed that he would not include any jokes, as this would not reflect his character, for real, I know this to be true. Jacques is a romantic, he is sincere and usually speaks when he has something really meaningful and important to say. And when he says it, your whole mindset is challenged and then you find yourself wanting to know more of his mind. Take a moment with him sometime. He is awesome!

Stephen and his fiancé were let down by their personal minister at the last moment and they had to search the interweb for somebody to perform the ceremony...not sure if that is a good thing. I am only saying this because it is the first time I have sat in a ceremony when the "Pastor" is unknown to the couple. I am not going to tell youwhat he did and should have done, but I doooo need to throw a rant out there, in some nice words.

I am not sure about you.
But the day you get married is special.
You want the sermon/talk to be one that is beautiful and deep and almost sets the theme for the REST of your married life.
You want to know and feel that you are doing something holy,
something of worth,
something that is God like.

When two people decide: you are the one...its something else, its from Someone else.
Especially when you both have been walking with God.
Marriage is a vocation, that we become.
It is your past melted down and turned into a new thing,
that keeps building or growing.
Marriage is a tinkering of the heart and soul.
Your eyes change,
your touch is exposed to a newness and your body experiences things it never knew existed.
Sadness is different,
hurt is on another level,
sharing is a real giving of yourself.

For me, that sermon or talk, needs to embody something of that.

When Jacques and I got married the photographer brought a digital camera that took a FLOPPY!!!
And then that got lost!
We do have photos that are...nice.
(I wish I knew then NOT to take photos at midday)


The Blessing for our wedding | 2003

Blush!

A big laugh as my pastor for 15 years tried to marry off my sister instead of me

Our Ring Blessing

Our Vows

Mr & Mrs forever


"His heart in me keeps him & me one"

Love and Light

1 comment:

  1. I LOVE being married to you! Our wedding was crafted in the heavens and our love will be eternal.

    I will be faithful to you and honest with you,
    I will respect, trust and care for you,
    I will forgive you as we have been forgiven,
    I will share my life with you,
    and together we will try to better understand ourselves, the World, and God,
    Through the best
    and the worst
    of whatever is to come,
    as long as we live...
    ...your eternal love.

    ReplyDelete