Wednesday, July 24, 2013

7 Posts in 7 Days | Day 3 | Not how we met but how we Plan Naturally

I know I said its the "how we met" segment today.
But reading up and ALL about Natural Family Planning, got me in the mood, to write this post.
Linking up with Katie from NFP and me, Natural Family Planning week 2013.

I mentioned before that Natural Family Planning was THEE root of me joining the Catholic Church.
Jacques and I had Eljiah, our last born, for now, and very easily made the decision to put in an IUD.
As time went on, 5 years to be exact, I started wanting another put in, a talk by Fr Eric Bergman changed my mind. And here we are today.

August 2012, was the begining of Natural Family Planning using the Symptothermal method.
This is a three point check system:

• Body temperature, taken orally, just for those who are asking, "WHERE?????" (Yep, I asked the same question).
• Cervical position
• and Cervical Elixir (sounds way more prettier than mucous)

We take all that information and chart it, on Selene, an app for iOS users.


My husband just came into the room right now and said, "let's NFP baby!!!"
Yes he said that.
The reason being is that he does our charting.
So he knows the when and when!

For a year now it's been amazing for our marriage, our relationship has always been AWESOME (I am showing off, but its the truth), we often argue on Theological standing for a bit then usually the one or the other is convinced by the truth in the Catholic Church and the Bible.

We have come to understand love making in a deeper and spiritual sense.
We have been married for ten and a half years now, been together for twelve and God has just brought us closer and closer. The Eucharist, practicing Natural Family Planning, praying The Divine Office.

The talk that I linked to yesterday, Marriage and The Eucharist, go on listen to it and enjoy.

What we woke up this morning

GoodBye Old Friend

Can't make any sense of these empty bottles in the fridge

Love & Light
Nicky




No comments:

Post a Comment