Monday, May 27, 2013

Life | Those Days

You know those days when you think -
I don't give a hoot about healthy eating!
I'm buying EVERYTHING I see today!
Who cares about being frugal ANYWAY!
SO WHAT IF ITS MADE IN CHINA...ITS PRETTY!
HANDMADE LIVING IS SO SO SO SO hard...sigh!
....
Yep
...
today is that day for me.
But I will do none of the above and just now I will feel guilty for actually putting the above in writing!
Its just to remind me that I am human and that sometimes CS Lewis hard these moments too.
(I'm just going to go with that one.)
How else would he be inspired to write such truth then:

"Either we give up trying to be good, or else we become very unhappy indeed. For, make no mistake: if you are really going to meet all the demands made on the natural self, it will not have enough left over to live on. The more you obey your conscience, the more your conscience will demand of you. And if your natural self, which is thus being starved and hampered and worried at every turn, will get angrier and angrier. In the end you will either give up trying to be good, or else become one of those people who, as they say, "live for others" but is always in a discontented, grumbling way - always wondering why the others do not notice it more, and always making a martyr of yourself. And once you have become that you will be a far greater pest to anyone who has to live with you than you would have been if you remained frankly selfish." - Mere Christianity

He goes on to say how we need to surrender our "Natural Self" and all our inclinations of being good which we can feel are innocent, even the not so innocent ones to God, so that His will can become ours.
Natural Selves | Love my Furry Babies

No comments:

Post a Comment