Thursday, August 16, 2012

Sewing : Leather Laptop Sleeve

Its my brothers' birthday!
Meet Joe.
He is a Yuppie.
For real.
I'm homemade.
He's mass made.
Love him.
He owns and Ad agency.
So therefore always carrying his Mac.
(yes I'm from way back then. I say Mac and I say 'apple key' which is now known as the 'cmd key... I think)

So I decided to sew him a Brown Leather Sleeve, with red stitching and a Star...he loves red and he loves stars.
I attempted leather with no walking foot?!?!
The material did slip a lot.
Somehow, it added to the rough look and I feel I was going for.
No.
No mistakes here.
Seriously it IS what I was going for...
Haven't convinced myself yet.

I will definitely invest in a walking foot for my machine.
Leather is an awesome material to work with.
Would love to mix linen with it.




Happy Birthday Joe.

Love and Light

5 comments:

  1. very cool! sounds like we have the same brother too... hehe.
    Way to get bloglovin too.. now I can better 'stalk' er, follow you! ;o)
    xo
    mel

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Mel!
      Really trying to learn about blogging,
      its an awesome world...
      >i<.

      Delete
  2. Great work nee.
    Love reading the blogs on what you are doing...
    Am sure Joe loved it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, love this!!
    Great gift.

    Happy (belated) Birthday to your brother! :)

    ReplyDelete