Saturday, March 2, 2013

Summer Vacation & Things that occupy This Heart

I was supposed to be getting better at this.
Blogging often.
Writing my thoughts down about  my Journey.
Photographing more.
Being diligent.

I can be these things.
Its just that time has been passing by.
In it every moment is within it.
I cannot tell you how much Joy I have.
How filled I feel at the moment.
I only have this Joy, because I am so
aware of how broken I am.
I am aware of the deep desire I have for
Jesus to put me together.
Piece by Piece.

I cannot capture it in one moment.
In one smile.
In one creative moment.
In a burst of Laughter.
A shout or scream from the trampoline.
One moment of holding their hands.
The other guiding their hearts while they guide mine.
One might think I give them too much time.
But I only have, for a while, their entire hearts in mine.

To make them feel like they are the only things in this world;
while we make
sew
potter
paint
venture
write
play
read
Live

My family


On another note:
I have been reading, For the Children's Sake by Susan Schaeffer Macaulay.
It's really been a blessing to stumble upon this book and and just be stretched and moved to Live with my children. (Yes I said Live...it can get that bad)
Honestly it's not easy being a mommy. Sure as anything its not easy being a child.
I sometimes wish it was always as easy as peanut butter and jam sandwiches.
Yes the little song before this paragraph sounds like a dream,
BUT lets be honest, you cannot appreciate your dreams, if you have never had a nightmare.
The thing is, I have not found myself praying and leaning on God this much in my life, EVER!
If being a parent were easy, then I would be far from Him.
And for that I am greatful.

These captures are from the Irene Dairy Farm, Centurion.
If ever you go,
take a walk
giggle
let a calf lick you
eat a freshly baked scone with clotted cream (no pictures...my hands were all sticky from the jam)
hold hands with your man











Love & Light

Part of





Needle and Nest Design




2 comments:

  1. You're alliiiiiivvvvve!! hehe.. kept wondering how you and your sweet crew were doing there, thanks for sharing your kind soul here again. I'd love you to link it up on Monday... it's just a beautiful post. Hope to hear more from your corner of the world again soon, blessings to you!
    xx
    mel
    needle and nest

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes I am!!!
      I finally managed to link it up, YAY!
      Was so easy I feel stupid!
      Blessings back at you:)
      and a big hug!
      L&L

      Delete