Saturday, March 17, 2012

Sew What? Soccer This!

Sew Something.
Right...
So I tried and tried and this is my end of the story...and I'm stitching with it!

I bought a beautiful Japanese style dress in South Korea at the beginning of Summer.
Somehow the style just makes it seem like I'm wearing my night dress out!
So I decided to upcycle it!
The material was gorgeous and felt so natural, it was however 40% acrylic!

So take one...otherwise known as the the 'quick and lotsa unpicking to do!' way. Clearly this did not go well as there would be no take two or three! I ended up with a mid calf length butt flap skirt!




 The unpicking started.
I decided to make it Pleaty!
Turned out it did not fit my hips or waist for that matter.

I decided to make my Japanese style dress into a Pleaty little skirt for niece Hannah Jade.
This is how take three came about and ended up.
>i<




No comments:

Post a Comment